Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My World Series prediction: David Ortiz will pass out in Game 3

I mentioned this in the comments of this AOL Fanhouse post on Tuesday, but I will reiterate the point here... how the hell is David Ortiz going to run the bases in Denver, Colorado?

There was a situation early in the playoffs where David Ortiz was on second, and the batter kept fouling off pitches with two strikes, and Papi was literally sucking wind while returning to the bag just to do the whole running thing all over again.

That was either in Boston, Cleveland or Anaheim. Where oxygen is plentiful.

Just wait until this series goes to Colorado... I'm just saying if at any point, Papi jumps up and down and yells, "IS THAT ENOUGH FOR YOU, TITO???" well, you know what's coming.

Here's the image reference for the kids (which was hard as hell to find). It's 1:30 into the video, dummy.

1 comment:

futuremrsrickankiel said...

Haha... brutally honest. Every time I see him trying to run the bases, I want to yell, "Good hustle," which is what I remember middle school soccer coaches always saying to the fat kids they couldn't come up with any other positive reinforcement for...

Then again, the fat kids didn't slam shit over the Green Monster on a regular basis...

Also, I'm stupid and can't figure out how to gank images off an MLB.com slideshow, but can you please do something with that photo they have up of Brian Fuentes playing in the snow? yay :)