Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I believe Jay Mohr should go back to failing at television

Jay Mohr's debut sports column for FoxSports.com reminds me that of all sports column themes, the "Things I Believe" column ranks right up there with the most god-awful.

The first of these type columns I really remember hating was Gene Wojciechowski's debut as senior national writer for ESPN.com (this would set off a recurring theme of me hating Woj's columns over the last few years). And then there was Jemele Hill's debut, which danced around the "Things I Believe" motif enough to draw my ire.

And now, there's Jay Mohr. Telling America that soccer sucks. Good job, Jay.

People, I promise you this, I will never ever do a "Things I Believe" post.

Because I only believe one thing.

That former Minnesota Twins first baseman Kent Hrbek eats babies.


No comments: